Standards and Methods for Inspection of Child’s Toothbrushes
1. Appearance Inspection of Child's Toothbrushes
2. Safety Requirements and Inspection of Child's Toothbrushes
3. Inspection of Specification and Size of Child's Toothbrushes
4. Inspection of Bristle Strength of Child's Toothbrushes
5. Inspection of Physical Performance of Child's Toothbrushes
6. Sueding Inspection of Child's Toothbrushes
7. Inspection of Ornaments of Child's Toothbrushes
1. Appearance Inspection
- Decolorization test: use the absorbent cotton fully soaked with 65% of ethanol to wipe the toothbrush head, handle, bristles and ornaments for 100 times, and visually observe whether there is color on the absorbent cotton.
- Visually check whether all parts and ornaments of toothbrush are clean and free from dirt, and judge whether there is any odor by olfaction.
- Visually check whether the product is packaged, whether the packaging is cracked, and whether the inside and outside of the packaging are clean and tidy, without dirt.
- The inspection of the product packaging for sale shall be qualified with the toothbrush bristles not being directly touched by the hand.
2. Safety Requirements and Inspection
- The toothbrush head, handle and ornaments shall be visually inspected 300 mm away from the product under natural light or 40W light by means of hand feel. The appearance of toothbrush head, handle and ornaments shall be smooth (except for special process), without sharp edges and burrs, and the shape thereof shall not cause harm to human body.
- Check whether the toothbrush head is detachable by visual inspection and hand feel. The toothbrush head shall not be detachable.
- Hazardous elements: the content of soluble antimony, arsenic, barium, cadmium, chromium, lead, mercury, selenium or any soluble compound composed of these elements in the product shall not exceed the value in Table 1.
3. Inspection for Specification and Size
The specification and size are respectively measured with the vernier caliper with the minimum dividing value of 0.02 mm, 0.01 mm outside diameter micrometer and 0.5 mm ruler. The Specification and Size (see Fig. 1) shall meet the requirements in Table 2.
4. Inspection for Bristle Strength
- Visually check whether the bristle strength classification and nominal diameter of the monofilament are indicated on the product packaging.
The bristle strength classification shall adopt soft bristle, i.e., the bending force of the toothbrush bristle shall be less than 6N or the nominal diameter (ϕ) of the monofilament shall be less than or equal to 0.18mm.
5. Inspection of Physical Performance
The physical performance shall meet the requirements in Table 3.
6. Sueding Inspection
- The sharp angle shall be removed and no burrs shall be found on the top contour of the monofilament of the toothbrush bristles. Qualified and unqualified top contour of the monofilament are as shown in a) and b) of Fig. 2.
- Take three bundles from the bristle surface of the flat bristle toothbrush, remove the three bundles of bristles, stick them on the paper, and observe them with a microscope of more than 30 times. The qualified rate of the top contour of the monofilament of the flat bristle toothbrush shall be greater than or equal to 70%;
Take one bundle from each of the high, middle and low bristles for the special-shaped toothbrush, remove the three bundles of bristles, stick them on the paper, and observe them with a microscope of more than 30 times. The qualified rate of the top contour of the monofilament of the special-shaped bristle toothbrush shall be greater than or equal to 50%.
7. Inspection of Ornaments
- Applicable age range shall be indicated on the sales packaging of child's toothbrushes.
- The fastness to non-detachable ornaments of the child's toothbrushes shall be greater than or equal to 70N.
- The detachable ornaments of the child's toothbrushes shall meet the requirements.
8. Inspection of Appearance Quality
Visually check the product at a distance of 300 mm under natural light or 40 W light. For bubble defects in the toothbrush handle, a standard dust map shall be used for comparison inspection. The appearance quality shall conform to the regulations in Table 4.
What can EC offer you?
Economical: At half industrial price, enjoy rapid and professional inspection service in high efficiency
Extremely rapid service: Thanks to immediate scheduling, preliminary inspection conclusion of EC can be received on site after the inspection is completed, and formal inspection report from EC can be received within 1 workday; punctual shipment can be guaranteed.
Transparent supervision: Real-time feedback of inspectors; strict management of operation on site
Rigorous and honest: The professional teams of EC around the country offer professional services to you; independent, open and impartial incorrupt supervision team is set to inspect on-site inspection teams randomly and supervise on site.
Customized service: EC has service ability that goes through the whole product supply chain. We will provide tailored inspection service scheme for your specific demand, so as to solve your problems specifically, offer independent interaction platform and collect your suggestions and service feedback about the inspection team. In this way, you can participate in inspection team management. At the same time, for interactive technology exchange and communication, we will offer inspection training, quality management course and technology seminar for your demand and feedback.
EC Quality Team
International layout: superior QC covers domestic provinces and cities and 12 countries in Southeast Asia
Local services: local QC can provide professional inspection services immediately to save your travel expenses.
Professional team: the strict admittance mechanism and industrial skill training develop superior service team.